Order Worth Forgiving
Study that women's fiction. Order Now.
Saturday, November 28, 2015
1. Declare today as the day of new beginnings. Thanksgiving is over, and there's lots of good healthy eating days ahead. Change your mindset now even with pecan pie still on the counter.
2. Begin your day with prayer and meditation.
3. Clean out all the leftover temptations.
a. If you can handle it, leave it for your skinny soulmate or your children with a high metabolism.
b. If the temptation is too great, get rid of it.
Take it to a shut-in.
Send it home with family.
Or, throw it into the trash.
(No, it's not a sin.)
4. Find a new recipe for a healthy dish and make it tonight.
a. Search Hungry Girl online.
b. Find it under Daniel Fast recipes.
c. Call a friend that has the same problem and ask for one of their recipes.
d. Comment here with your e-mail, and I'll send you a new recipe.
5. Do something for exercise today. Try something different.
a. If it's pleasant weather, take a brisk walk in a park or nice neighborhood.
b. If, like me in Wichita Falls, TX., it's pouring rain and cold, put on a CD you like or set your phone to a favorite song and dance. It doesn't matter if it's pretty. Just move.
c. How about taking the clothes off the rack that used to be a treadmill or an exercise bike, and go to work?
d. Invest in a mini-trampoline and jog during a Net Flix show.
e. Go sign up for that gym you've been thinking about. No, you shouldn't wait until January. Do it now.
6. Call someone or, better yet, go visit someone who's in the hospital, sick at home, or just lonely. Focusing on others reminds us that it's not all about us.
7. Remember again what you are thankful for, and dwell on it.
8. Today, drink eight glasses of water.
9. Today, eat five fruits or vegetables.
10. If you have a weight support group, attend it. If not, join one online.
11. Write out how you feel about what you ate, whether happy or sad.
If there was a family squabble over the holiday, write about that angry scene and tear up what you wrote.
12. Let go and let God. He's got the power. You don't.
God bless you. Let me know if I can be of any help. I've been where you are.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
|The Brown Thanksgiving table last year|
Saturday, November 21, 2015
We go to restaurants for social time with family and friends. Dining out remains a fun activity. We use this for meeting places, business planning times, and just for talk.
Dining out does require judgement and God-control.
Here's my top ten tips for dining out during weight loss:
P. S.Terms to beware of when eating out:
You can do it.
If you have other tips, I'd love to hear them.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM FOR MY REVIEW OF IN THIS TOGETHER.
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Are you ever so energetic and enthused that you feel as if you could “run through a troop and leap over a wall?” (Psalm 18:29)
Best cozy mystery I've read in a long time. This was my first time to read one of Manos' books, but I will definitely read more. I fell in love with Darcy & Flora. I love the idea of older ladies still having it on the ball. They're self-sufficient, intelligent, yet exhibit Christianity in action. Keep them coming
My review of Best Left Buried
Thank you, Blanche for being my guest today. I'm excited to meet Ned in Moonlight Can be Murder.
Monday, November 9, 2015
Saturday, November 7, 2015
I've got a HUGE announcement.
(Hear a drum roll here.) A good friend of mine and an excellent young adult author, Beverly Stowe McClure will soon release Under A Purple Moon.
Here's my reveal of the cover of Under A Purple Moon:
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
First 3 steps of Overeaters Anonymous.
Have you tried the 12 steps?
Do you journal?
P. S. In case you're new to "Writing with God's Hope" blog, I lost 100 pounds and have maintained the loss for twenty years, after being overweight all my adult life.