The town was hosting an arts and crafts festival. My friend and I stopped by Brandy's booth, and I purchased her book. (Authors must support each other) Besides, the book tells of many strange happenings in Brandy's hometown.
I asked Brandy if I could interview her today, and she accepted. First something about Brandy for those who have not made her acquaintance.
Brandy Herr is the co-founder of the Granbury Ghosts and Legends Tour and the annual Granbury Paranormal Expo. In February 2014, her book, "Haunted Granbury," was released by The History Press as part of their Haunted America series. She is a member of Research and Investigation of the Paranormal and has participated in several ghost hunt investigations in the Granbury area. Born in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area, Brandy attended the Pennsylvania State University where she received her Bachelor's degree in public relations. She currently lives in Granbury with her husband, their rescued dog, and two rescued cats.
Now, to my questions for Brandy:
- Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever had a ghost experience? If so, tell us about it.
- I absolutely believe in ghosts. Growing up, my family always had ghostly experiences occur to them, especially my grandmother. She would see my granddaddy and other past relatives, she would get feelings about things that would turn out to be true, things like that. I never started having experiences until I started getting older, which is unusual, since it's often more common for children to be susceptible to spirits. I guess I just started noticing it more.
- What caused you to write your book, Haunted Granbury?
- Oh, I think all we authors understand about rejection, and you're right, sometimes it's a gift from God. Is this your first book?
- I understand you run a tour for tourists in Granbury, Texas. Tell us about it.
- How did you research the history of your area?
- When my mother and I got the idea from those ladies at the restaurant to start our tour, we immediately started researching, first by going door to door along the square asking the employees and business owners about their experiences. We were amazed at what we found! A common question I get when I promote the tour or the book is, "What buildings on the square are haunted?" I reply, "Pretty much all of them!" I then did supplemental research by looking in old newspaper and magazine articles as well as historical books of the area. That's where I got the historical background, along with some added ghost stories as well!
- Do you plan on writing another book? If not, what lies ahead for you?
- Wow, another children's book writer that has a penchant for ghosts. I love it.
- What other career interests or hobbies do you enjoy?
- If your life was a song, what would be the song title
- Anything else you’d like to share?