Do You live in denial? Are you a food addict in secret? Do you find you're controlled more and more by food, but still hold the belief that the next diet will be the magic pill?
Here's 10 signs to look for to determine if you have a food compulsion or addiction:
1. You have food hidden at different places; your home, your job, your car.
2. You tell small lies- maybe say you spent so much money on the kids’ books, but forget to tell that you spent $10 for junk food for yourself.
3. You think of food all the time, planning what you’ll eat next.
4. You give enough time to pick up a treat in case you get hungry before you can get out of work, meeting, whatever.
5. You can't buy one of your favorite foods, put it in the pantry, and leave it there for a week without eating it, right?
6. Have you eaten so much at one setting that you were stuffed and nauseas?
7. Have you eaten one meal by yourself and then ate another with someone else?
8. Have you lost weight on a diet only to regain it again with more added.
9. Have you suffered from a sugar overdose and then craved sweets for days?
10. Have you eagerly anticipated time by yourself at work or at home when you could eat uninhibited?
If you say yes to three or more of these signs, find a twelve step program for food addicts or a teacher or someone who knows something about your problem and won’t advise you to use your will power because will power will add fuel to the problem.